We invite you to join us
We invite community members, community organizations, businesses, schools, churches, faith communities, and any interested persons in the Seward Longfellow area to join us in promoting reconciliation and healing in our community. We offer training to volunteers interested in being a trained facilitator or as a participant representing the community’s voice. We provide tailored assistance and Restorative Justice resources that match the needs of individuals and groups.
Ways to Participate
- Make use of our process through referrals.
- Participate in a restorative justice process as a community representative.
- Attend facilitator training and volunteer to facilitate restorative conferences.
- Arrange for a presentation about restorative justice or peacemaking circles
- Give financial support: Make checks payable to SLRJ and send to
2720 E. 22nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55406. Or, give a secure, on-line donation through the Donate page.
Due to COVID-19 health crisis, trainings are on hold.
To be notified when trainings resume, please email Michele@SLRJ.org
Facilitator training provides the background and foundational skills to become a volunteer co-facilitator. Training continues through mentorship in the process by more experienced volunteers.
Customized training Contact Michele@SLRJ.org to discuss training needs for your organization, business, or group.
If you are interested in having a restorative justice process available, volunteering, or have any questions contact:
Michele Braley, Executive Director
Many thanks to our funders:
- Hennepin County Attorney’s Office (fee-for-service)
- City of Minneapolis – Office of the City Attorney (fee-for-service)
- City of Minneapolis – Department of Civil Rights (fee-for-service)
- Hennepin County Bar Foundation
- Minnesota State Bar Foundation
- Basilian Order of the Catholic Church
- Grace University Lutheran Church
- Spirit of St. Stephen's Catholic Community
- Faith Mennonite Church
- Spirit Garage
- Nokomis Heights Lutheran Church
- Seward Neighborhood Group
- Longfellow Community Council
- Longfellow Business Association
- Thrivent Financial: Anne Kersten and Eva Stukenberg
- Individual donors